We understand that the choice of hiring a personal injury lawyer can be difficult. How much do they charge? How much experience do they have? Do they settle my case without notice to me? What can I expect out of the relationship? How long will the process take? All of these are legitimate questions and the answers will differ from law firm to law firm.
All personal injury attorneys have different techniques for resolving their cases. Most big firms operate like a mill. They seek a volume of cases in order to make money. Their focus is more on getting cases resolved than trying to maximize the recovery for their clients. Other firms are funnels. They simply refer cases to larger firms that are mills. Funnel firms are just marketers; they don’t actually handle your case. Lastly, there are litigation firms that do not take on as many cases and maximize the value of your claim.
Here at Whalley Law, we are a litigation firm. We don’t refer cases out and we don’t settle cases for less than policy limits. We honor our clients and understand that the injuries suffered extend far beyond a few thousand dollars.
If you have been injured due to the negligence of another party, it is important to consider hiring a personal injury attorney. A personal injury attorney can help you to receive the compensation you are owed for your losses and damages, and ensure that your rights are protected.
The process of hiring a personal injury attorney may be a bit overwhelming, but it is important to do your research and choose the right attorney for you. Here are some tips for hiring a personal injury attorney:
1. Contact Whalley Law at 253-565-3209. We accept cases in every county of Washington State. We are trial attorneys who do not back down from anyone. We provide personal service to our clients and walk them through every part of their case, step by step. Most importantly, we are here to talk whenever you need something.
2. Read online reviews. There are many websites that offer reviews of attorneys and law firms. Reading these reviews can help you get a better understanding of the attorney’s experience and track record.
3. Interview multiple attorneys. It is important to interview multiple attorneys to determine which one is the best fit for you. During the interview, ask questions about their experience with personal injury cases, their fees, and their approach to your case. We want you to be comfortable with your choice of attorney. We also understand that not everyone is a fit and that is most important.
4. Ask for references. Once you have narrowed down your list of potential attorneys, ask for references. Contacting former clients can give you a better idea of the attorney’s work ethic and how they handled past cases.
5. Choose the right attorney. Once you have interviewed multiple attorneys and gathered enough information, it is time to choose the right attorney for you. Consider the attorney’s experience, fees, and approach to your case to make sure you are hiring the right attorney for your situation. We are confident you will find that our fees are consistent with the market and that our approach and treatment of your case are the best you will find.
Hiring a personal injury attorney can be an important step in receiving the compensation you deserve. By taking the time to research and interview multiple attorneys, you can make sure you are hiring the right attorney for your case. Give us a call for a free same-day consultation for your injury matter.